Learn how to make a stained glass panel with a professional glazier in her studio...
All-level classes and workshops for adults do take place all year around. It is a good opportunity to get introduced to stained-glass windows, glass-painting...
It is not required to have skills in drawing or painting to register. Beginners are welcome. The following skills and abilities are required: manual dexterity, sensitivity to shapes and colors, ability to prolonged standing, good near vision (millimeter-scale accuracy).
Classes are all-level. You can design and make a personal project, as of the first stained-glass panel. We also suggest patterns depending on each level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and technics. The following technics are tought in classes: lead and copper-foil stained-glass, grisaille glass-painting.
Workshops are for beginners only and last from one to three days depending on the technics. It is an opportunity to get initiated to leaded stained-glass and grisaille glass-painting. There is a pattern provided for these workshops.
Last but not least, vocational training modules are offered to companies and individuals on a regular basis, especially towards adults that consider retraining.
Read the students reviews on our Facebook and Google pages. Pedagogy, professionalism and friendliness are praised by our students and trainees.
Follow the art projects of our students on Instagram.
On-site classes :
The studio provides daily all-level classes:
Fridays 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 2:00 to 5:30 p.m.
The classes take place all year long but in August. There is no requirement to make a one-year commitment. You can sign up to a course at any time in the year as long as the course still has openings for new students. You come when your are available and for as long as it takes to get your projetc made. It is recommended that you plan to attend a minimum of 2 daily classes a month in order to learn the techniques and practice on a regular basis.
We teach the following stained-glass windows technical process:
- the cartoon or sketch design
- to cut glass following a pattern
- assembly and mounting with lead
- personal project: window design (maquette)
All supplies (glass, lead...) are provided for in-house workshops and classes. We also have tools you can use in our studio. Feel free to bring your own tools (glass-cutter, pencils...) should you have any.
Once completed, you can bring your window back home.
2021 Fees - Stained glass / glass painting: 5-day classes: 770€ taxes included. Supplies included. Valid for 1 year.
Stained glass initiation workshop - 2 days - beginners
09/16/2021 to 09/17/2021
09/23/2021 to 09/24/2021
03/10/2022 to 03/11/2022
03/24/2022 to 03/25/2022
04/07/2022 to 04/08/2022
04/21/2022 to 04/22/2022
05/12/2022 to 05/13/2022
05/19/2022 to 05/20/2022
06/09/2022 to 06/10/2022
06/23/2022 to 06/24/2022
These courses allow you to learn how to make a geometric leaded stained glass window.
Fees : €340 VAT included, including supplies. To be paid upon registration.
Birthday, anniversary, retirement, graduation, Christmas... Are you looking for a unique gift?
Do offer a stained-glass initiation workshop at Irisations studio!
Career change: we provide education and training to the CAP Arts & Techniques du Verre, major in stained glass diploma (French State certification). We provide 600 to 1000-hour educational programs. Next full-time occupational training session starts in October 2021. Sign up by July,30 2021.
Request the program
Make an appointment for a 30-minute phone call to discuss your educational project
Irisations professional training activities are registered under #11 78 83032 78 in France.
- quality vocational training, particularly suited to adultscommitted to a career change to set up their own business. Tatiana Piesyk, director of the workshop, owner and graduate of the CAP vitrail provides all the teaching and accompanies you full time every day of training. As a former senior manager responsible for profit centers, she will give you valuable advice, not only in the management and daily economic development of your business (accounting, choice of status, etc.) but also on the layout of your business, the set up of your studio, the commercial relationship with customers, the different types of markets ... If you want success in your personal project, you will need more than technical training in stained glass, you will also have to set up and develop your own business.
- customized and professional support. The classes are entirely given by Tatiana, the teacher is available full time in the studio. The number of trainees is limited to 5 per session, which makes it possible for you to learn fast and to adapt the content of the training to the level of skills and theoretical and practical knowledge. The content is necessary, hands-on and sufficient. Thanks to a customized training plan, you will be autonomous in the practice of stained glass within a very short time.
The training can be carried out in French and English to prepare for international reach.
Post-training support is offered as an option for trainees who wish to be accompanyied in the first months of starting a business.
Dates of the next CAP Arts & Techniques du Verre training sessions - Stained glass / Vitrailliste in-studio or distance learning.
January 2022. Registration opens in September 2021 until October 30, 2021.
September 2022. Registration opens in April 2022 until July 15, 2022.
Our quality process:
Irisations is committed to quality management for all of its training courses. Concerned about the quality of our services, we operate in a process of continuous improvement of the quality of training, in particular through assessment questionnaires.
As a vocational training center, Irisations benefits from the Datadocké logo. This certification acknowledges the set up, execution and monitory of a quality process for all of the training sessions provided by the studio.
As such, Irisations can be referenced by professional training funders as well as on My Personal Training Account (CPF) and for the professional transition CPF. Should you be aligible, you could benefit from part or total funding of your training session by 41 funders (OPCA, Fongecif, FPSPP, Normandy region ...). Irisations is also a partner of Pôle Emploi.
The aditional vocational training
The 4-month complementary training in Decor and glasspainting provides additional instruction in painting on glass, a technique that the stained glass artist can use in addition to the initial training. It prepares for the job of glass painter or glass decorator.
Registration for this training requires to have attended the CAP Vitrail training session in our studio or to have a CAP Arts & techniques du verre, option Vitrail degree.
Admission to vocational training takes place after a preliminary interview.
All classes and workshops take place at the Irisations studio in Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse (78).
There are many options for accomodation such as bed & breakfasts and hotels in the Regional Natural Park of Chevreuse's Upper Valley. More
Informations - How to sign up:
+33 7 82 72 24 88